POSEIDON is a PC-based, open loop controller for driving educational shake tables with earthquake libraries combined video/audio effects.
- Allows the user to quickly select from a large library of historical and artificial earthquakes to block cycle through an educational demonstration.
- Allows the user to introduce user-created time histories and video/audio in addition to the library.
- Provides numerous passenger safety features while maintaining ease of operation.
- Includes a utility that allows a web based interface to historical earthquakes from the USGS databases.
- Different language modes are available and can be custom edited for localization purposes.
POSEIDON software interface
Operator’s screen with multi language support showing several earthquakes stacked together to produce a roughly 3 minute ride.
Setup screen to select multimedia elements and to control peripheral devices such as lights, smoke,
machines, sound, etc. to enhance the effect of the earthquake ride.
Database interface screen that allows access to freely available actual earthquake time histories*.
The data are then converted to be integrated with ease into the POSEIDON software.
*Internet connection is required.